Insights for Family & Consumer Sciences
- Develop multiple work centers within the space to minimize chaos as students gather supplies and do project work.
- Provide a focal point for the instructor with digital displays, markerboards and demonstration space to facilitate learning.
- Make mobility a priority by incorporating small and large mobile tables to move equipment and materials from place to place easily.
- Furnish the room with standing-height group tables to support perching and standing postures as the class moves from demonstration to participation.
- Create ample space for storage of supplies and equipment with adjoining work areas for easy access, disbursement, and clean-up.
- Provide spaces for backpacks so they can be tucked away easily.