Insights for alternative learning
- Make the space flexible and inviting by providing furniture that is easily reconfigured to meet changing needs.
- Support small and medium-sized group needs with student-movable furniture that can be clustered or pulled apart.
- Provide spaces for independent work – either testing or private study.
- Allow teachers to observe and assist students as needed while not being the main focal point of the classroom.
- Employ different types of ergonomic and movement-enticing seating to allow for unique choice and comfort options.